DML Construction is committed to the ongoing training of all staff. Our staff attend BRANZ seminars, First Aid Courses, Site Safe Training. We like to attend anything that is relevant to our industry as a skilled workforce is an asset to a company.
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Our company is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace to ensure that our Employees and others are not injured. Our goal is to eliminate all injuries, accidents and incidents.
To achieve this goal we will make safety a priority on all of our sites and jobs and we will require active participation by everyone in our business to adequately plan the work we are carrying out and to act safely at all times.
- Plan ahead to systematically identify and control all hazards in our workplace and to ensure our Employees have the right plant and skills needed to work safely and control these hazards.
- Involve our Employees/Subcontractors in safety activities.
- Induct and train our Employees to recognise and control hazards and hold regular safety meetings.
- Monitor our workplace to ensure our planned controls are effective.
- Supervise our Employees/Subcontractors to ensure they are acting safely.
- Record all incidents and accidents in our workplace, investigate all known incidents and accidents and take action to prevent recurrence.
- Develop and implement emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained and safe to use.
- Ensure our Employees are provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Support any injured staff to return to work safely.
We uphold a membership with Site Safe for our site safety. We will ensure that our regular planned inspections will include monitoring of current safety processes in workplaces we control.
It is our policy to take all practicable steps to comply with the provisions of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, the Health and Safety Employment Regulations 1995 and all Codes of Practice and Guidelines applying to the business.